Business Meeting Minutes
USAIN Business Meeting Minutes April 22, 2001, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Investigating the possibility of collaborating with ACRL and ACRL/STS on mentoring programs. This is proceeding when plans are finalized a message will go out on USAIN-L.
- Considering the possibility of changing the timing of USAIN conferences so do not fall in same year as ACRL conference. The decision is to try and hold a conference sometime in the Fall of 2006.
- Location of 2003 conference. The next conference will be held at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign; Pat Allen is the co-chair of the conference committee.
- Treasurer's Report (Norma Kobzina)
- Standing Committee Reports
- Communications (Carla Casler)
- Legislative and Government Relations (Sarah Kelley) No report
- Membership (Lil Mesner)
- Preservation (Kay Walter) Soliciting for the next phase of the project
- USAIN Activity Reports
- Report from Committee to Revise the Action Plan (Pat Allen) Change wording from "Develop and implement/maintain/." in all instances to "Continue to implement/maintain.
- Report from Committee to Examine the Restructuring of USAIN Interest Groups (Luti Salisbury) Accepted report of Luti's committee. Do not want to change from Interest Groups to Working Groups.
- Brief update on joint USAIN/IAALD conference in 2005 (Debbie Currie)
- Nominations/Elections Report (Barbara Hutchinson)
- New Preservation Initiative
Improving access to archival collections of American rural life, agriculture, and forestry. (Wally Olsen)