AgNIC Interest Group
This Interest Group provides a forum for discussion of the Agriculture Network Information Center (AgNIC). AgNIC (http://www.agnic.org) is a partnership and voluntary alliance of Land-Grant Universities, member institutions, and selected organizations who offer quick and reliable access to quality agricultural information. An FAQ about AgNIC can be found at: http://www.agnic.org/about/facts/faq.pdf. AgNIC is supported in part by the USDA’s National Agricultural Library. USAIN members may also participate and be AgNIC members but you don’t have to be an AgNIC member to participate in the USAIN sponsored AgNIC Interest Group.
- Prepare an annual estimate of any anticipated expenses, to be included in the budget developed by the Finance Committee.
- Sponsor programs and discussion sessions at USAIN biennial conferences.
- Engage in activities which do not require face-to-face meetings, including the collection and dissemination of information related to AgNIC.
- Report annually to the Executive Council on AgNIC Interest Group activities, expenditures and future plans, and provide other reports as requested by the Council or President.
- Investigate the possibility of collaborative AgNIC sites between members.
- Serve as a "AgNIC User Group" so members have a place to discuss developments and concerns.
- Lobby as appropriate regarding AgNIC issues.