Procedures and Rules
XIV. BYLAWS COMMITTEE
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Reviews all Bylaws amendments proposed by the Council or written petition of fifteen voting members to determine if they reflect current practice and are acceptable parliamentary practice according to Cannon's Concise Guide to Rules of Order;
3. Prepares proposed Bylaws amendments approved by a two-thirds vote of the Council;
4. Coordinates with the Secretary/Treasurer on sending out information about proposed Bylaws changes to the membership at least 30 days before a general business meeting. During a conference year, March 1st would be a reasonable deadline.
5. Review and revise the Procedures and Rules to ensure that their provisions are in accord with the applicable Bylaws sections;