Procedures and Rules
- Duties Related to Meetings and Correspondence:
- Duties Related to Finance:
1. The Secretary/Treasurer serves as chief financial officer of the Network and is a member of the Council.
1. Sends written notice of all business meetings to the membership at least 30 days before each regular or special business meeting;
2. Maintains a draft set of minutes for each Council meeting, to be furnished to the Councillors within thirty days after each meeting. At the next meeting, these minutes are presented for adoption;
3. Maintains a draft set of minutes for each Network business meeting, to be distributed to all members of the Council and to the membership on USAIN-L. At the next business meeting, these minutes are presented for adoption;
4. Maintains official copies of the approved minutes of all Council and Network meetings in chronological order in a binder or folder set up for that purpose, to include any committee reports and documents submitted at the meetings covered by the minutes, a copy of the Network Bylaws, and a copy of the Procedures and Rules;
5. With the President, signs all contracts and other legal documents;
6. Conducts official Network correspondence; supervises all mailings concerned with Network business, including membership renewal notices and Bylaws amendment ballots; and maintains a file of current records;
7. Serves as the liaison to the business manager (Long and Associates);
8. With the Past-President, is responsible for monitoring the Procedures and Rules Document.
1. Chairs the Budget Committee which is comprised of the Secretary/Treasurer, Past-President, President-Elect, President, and one non-Council member of the Network.
2. Submits for Council approval each year a budget prepared by the Budget Task Force
3. Submits a statement of account of the Network's funds at each Council and membership meeting. Note: The budget year is a calendar year (Jan. 1-Dec. 31) The budget cycle is for 2 years and the budget has to balance over a 2-year period since the conference is every other year and advances for expenditures come from one year's budget and are paid back after the conference the following year.
4. In January of each year, compile the budget figures for the reserve metric and with the Budget Task Force, determine if we are fiscally sound.
5. Coordinates with the business manager the collection and deposit of funds for the Network as required and authorized by the President or Council and draws all checks written against Network funds, maintaining the appropriate account information and supporting documentation;
6. Serves as the liaison to the business manager (Long and Associates);
7. As Chair of the Budget Committee, investigates investment options with the business manager for available Network funds and recommends investment policies and guidelines; and is responsible for ensuring the business manager performs an annual internal audit review and that an annual external audit review is performed either by a non-Council member or by a qualified financial management resource recommended by the business manager.
8. Develops and implements procedures and forms for use by officers and committee chairs in requesting funds and reporting expenditures. Maintaining accurate and detailed financial records of the Network and of the Council, including appropriate receipts for all monies expended, and furnishing such financial statements as may be required by the Council.
9. Receives and checks the quarterly statements supplied by the business manager.
10. Ensure that current officers names are correctly recorded on all USAIN financial documents and ensure that transition and necessary paperwork occurs when new officers are elected.