Action Plan 2010-2013
Approved by the USAIN Executive Council, Feb. 8, 2010, with revisions May 26, 2010.
The mission of USAIN is to provide a forum for discussion of food and agricultural issues; to take a leadership role in the formation of a national information policy as related to food and agriculture; to support the National Agricultural Library (NAL) on food and agricultural information matters; to promote cooperation and communication among its members, and with other organizations and individuals.
- Strengthen membership and increase participation in USAIN by members and other agricultural information professionals.
- Advocate for public policy, legislation and institutional change that enhance the values and contributions of the agricultural research and information communities.
- Provide educational and professional development opportunities for agricultural information specialists.
- Action plans will have a designation of responsibility and a timeline assigned by the Executive Council.
- An annual report of progress toward completion of Action Plans will be prepared by those designated responsible and submitted to the Executive Council.
- An annual summary of accomplishments will be compiled by the Executive Council with input (statistical if appropriate) from the annual reports and from participant surveys.
- The Executive Council will also review and revise the Action Plan every two years. Comments and suggestions will be solicited from the membership at the biennial conference, and through USAIN-L and/or mail surveys.