Legislative and Government Relations
Welcome to the USAIN Legislative and Government Relations Committee web page. This is a first iteration of what we plan to be a continually updated resource to support USAIN member's public relations activities. In these changing times for our profession where budgets are increasingly constrained and costs are continually rising, it is more important than ever that we inform our institutions, government officials, and various constituencies of the importance of a strong national library system. It is also essential that we communicate the essential role agriculture and its related fields contribute to the overall well-being of our society. We hope the information we have put together here will help you in these efforts and we look forward to your comments and suggestions.
Suzanne Reinman, Chair, 2012-2013
Madeleine Charney, Executive Council Liaision, 2012-2013
Robert S. (Pat) Allen, Member
Debbie Currie, Member
Diana Farmer, Member
Leslie Delserone, Member
Table of Contents
- What is the Budget Process for NAL and Agricultural Information Programs?
- Who Should I Contact at the State and National Levels?
- What Is the Process for Lobbying Congress for Support?
- Policy Statement Guidelines from Council of Scientific Society Presidents
- Annotated Briefing Documents on U.S. Agriculture Policy
- Related Resources
- USAIN 2005 Conference Session Presentations: Advocacy, International Trade, and Food Safety and Security: Locating Legislative and Legal Information
- Kathy Fescemyer: An Introduction to the USAIN Legislative and Government Web Pages (pdf file 1110 kb)
- Barbara Hutchinson: Advocacy Resources: Getting Involved and Making a Difference (pdf file 305 kb)
- Diana Farmer: Sources for International Agricultural Trade Information
Original Document, 2005, pdf file
Updated Document, June, 2008, pdf file
Updated Document, October 2011, pdf file
- Paul Kelsey: Food Security Web Sites