Legislative and Government Relations
Welcome to the USAIN Legislative and Government Relations Committee web page. This is a first iteration of what we plan to be a continually updated resource to support USAIN member's public relations activities. In these changing times for our profession where budgets are increasingly constrained and costs are continually rising, it is more important than ever that we inform our institutions, government officials, and various constituencies of the importance of a strong national library system. It is also essential that we communicate the essential role agriculture and its related fields contribute to the overall well-being of our society. We hope the information we have put together here will help you in these efforts and we look forward to your comments and suggestions.
Leslie Delserone, Co-Chair, 2016-2017
Ashley Shea, Co-Chair, 2016-2017
Cristina Caminita, Member, Executive Council Liaison, 2016-2017
Jill R. James, Ex Officio
John Cruickshank, Member, 2016-2018
Florian Diekmann, Member, 2016-2018
Mohan Ramaswamy, Member, 2016-2018
Table of Contents
- Open Data
- Annotated Briefing Documents on U.S. Agriculture Policy
- What is the Budget Process for NAL and Agricultural Information Programs?
- Who Should I Contact at the State and National Levels?
- What Is the Process for Lobbying Congress for Support?
- Policy Statement Guidelines from Council of Scientific Society Presidents
- Related Resources